We're just 2 crazy sister's who had crazy parents that named us day's of the week. One of us has been book blogging for over 6 year's. After reading many different books and arguing who's book boyfriend was better. One of us convinced the other to start a book blog called #WhyChoose. Because honestly why does one book boyfriend have to be better than the other? Or why do you only need to have one?

Monday, February 28, 2022

The Never King {Book Review}

 


Title: The Never King 
Series: Vicious Lost Boys #1
Author: Nikki St. Crowe
Genre: Paranormal, Fantasy, Reverse Harem 

Book Description:

The stories were all wrong — Hook was never the villain.

For two centuries, all of the Darling women have disappeared on their 18th birthday. Sometimes they’re gone for only a day, some a week or a month. But they always return broken.

Now, on the afternoon of my 18th birthday, my mother is running around the house making sure all the windows are barred and the doors locked.

But it’s pointless.

Because when night falls, he comes for me. And this time, the Never King and the Lost Boys aren’t willing to let me go.

NOTE: The Never King is a reimagining of Peter and Wendy. Characters have been aged up for this darker, grittier version. If you like your enemies to lovers romance with hot, ruthless, morally gray love interests, you’ll enjoy The Never King and the Lost Boys. You can expect hate kissing, fighting, bickering, and ‘touch her and I’ll unalive you’ vibes. Book one ends on a cliff.



My Review:

Ahhhhhh.... OMG.... I mean OMG this book....

So Mrs. Crowe, is a New to "Me" author so I wasn't sure what to expect from this book. But I will say that ever since I saw that this book was coming I knew, I knew that I needed to read this book. I love anything Peter Pan related. 

This is just SOOOOO much better though. This is Not your typical retelling of Peter Pan. These are not your sweet innocent lost boy's & their childish leader. This is a Dark Retelling, with Men that obviously have dark secrets. I've seen people comparing them to Villains, but I wouldn't really say their villainous.

Let's start with Winnie.... Winnie Darling.... Winnie comes from a Long Line of Darling women who are taken by Peter Pan on their 18th birthday for a certain amount of time, some for longer than others. One thing is for certain though these Darling women don't seem to come home the same. Merry Darling, who is Winnie's mother, came back as Winnie says crazy, so Winnie has Never believed in the story her mother has told her. I have to say that I really enjoyed Winnie's character, I liked that she wasn't a pushover. I thought she was very likeable and relatable. 

Let's get to the Men, because they are obviously Not Lost Little Boys. I think you'll be surprised to find out that as of right now Peter Pan is Not my favorite. I feel like we didn't get enough of Peter Pan in this book until about 3/4ths of the way through the book. I'm hoping that in the 2nd book we get more of him and maybe my mind will change on him.

As of right now Bash is my favorite, than Vane, Peter, and Kash.

I was hooked on this book from the first paragraph to the last. I think the Only thing that annoyed me was the overuse of  "Darling" Peter and the other guy's call Winnie, "Darling" all the time. I'm not sure if that's because they have just dealt with so many generations of Darling women, and don't care to remember their names or if they think it's a cute little pet name for them. I think they honestly called Winnie her name maybe twice and the rest of the time it was Darling, so yeah that got a bit annoying for me. But other than that I absolutely loved this book.

I'm giving this book 4.5 Stars out of 5 and can't wait for book 2!!!



Disclaimer: I received a ARC copy of this book for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of #WhyChoose Book Boyfriend Book Blog and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment