We're just 2 crazy sister's who had crazy parents that named us day's of the week. One of us has been book blogging for over 6 year's. After reading many different books and arguing who's book boyfriend was better. One of us convinced the other to start a book blog called #WhyChoose. Because honestly why does one book boyfriend have to be better than the other? Or why do you only need to have one?

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Join The Club {Book Review}


Title: Join The Club
Series: KPD SWAT Generation 2.0: Book Seven
Author: Lani Lynn Vale 
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Book Description:

There are a few lessons one has to learn for themselves. Then there are the lessons that most people don’t have to learn because it’s just not done.

For instance, most people know instinctively that they shouldn’t crave the mother of their brother’s child.

Bourne Pena isn’t most men.

Bourne does everything he can to fight the attraction he feels for Delanie, but in the end, his refusal to go there almost ends up costing him his life.

***

Delanie Davidsdottir just wanted to forget. One night, she wanted to feel like a normal human being.

That one night changes her life and gives her a son that becomes her heart and soul. From that point forward, she does her level best to keep her head on straight and not make any more mistakes.

And falling for her child’s father's twin brother—say that three times fast— would be a mistake. Not only is he Trouble with a capital T, he’s also a SWAT officer that puts his life on the line every single day.

She can’t take another loss like the one she suffered once before.

Then again, Delanie never encountered a man like Bourne Pena before, either.

My Review:

So I alway's feel the need to start out my reviews of Mrs. Vale's books with I've been a fan of Mrs. Vale's for a long time. My sister got me into her books and since than I devour each and every one of them. With that being said, I do have to say I have had many mixed emotions with this series overall. It's been very hit or miss with me, just like with all of her books. But I have to say I'm very particular when it comes to Series spin-off's and I have to admit that this Series Generation 2.0 is just Not as good as the Original one. And I will explain why at the end of my review. I also have to say I wasn't sure what to expect when it to Booth and Bourne's books and actually wasn't sure if I was going to read them or not. Anyway's let's get down to business.

Let's start with Bourne, as with Booth, I was sure what to expect when it came to Bourne. I know their twins and that their not going to be exactly alike. But I thought maybe Bourne would have some of Booth's traits. Here's the thing though Bourne is nothing like Booth. Look I understand that Bourne evidently gave up a bunch of dreams when he was younger for his brother and because of his broken foot. But I'm going to be completely honest here, I found myself Not liking Bourne that much in this book. I found Bourne to be a bit selfish, rude, and a bit childish. He seemed to complain about everything and ran from things when they didn't go his way. He also seemed to hold a bunch of resentment towards Booth for him not being able to go through his dreams/wishes when he was younger.

Ahhhhh Delanie, I've had a lot maybe misguided feelings towards her ever since the beginning. I have to say that I had been pretty sure I wasn't going to like her. But she actually surprised me and I ended up liking her a lot more than I thought I would.

Here's the thing I didn't love this book. But I did like it. I enjoyed Booth's book more than this one. The other thing as I mentioned above about this Series the Generation 2.0 series being hit and miss with me. I just feeling like there's the "It" factor missing in this one. In the Original SWAT series every single one of the characters felt like they belonged, that they were All Family. In this series I don't get the Family feeling in most of the books, these are kids of the original members of SWAT and they grew up together. But in most of the books it seems like they hardly talk to each other, sure there may be mentions that there friends or know one another, But that's about it. Also again with the Family feeling, their families are barely in this series, they may get mentioned a few times or may make an appearence but that's about it. Some of the books I get the Family feelings and others I just don't. Like in this one, their dad makes one appearance and that's it, nothing with their mom. Sure his and Booth's sister's make a few appearance's, but again not really a family feeling.

I'm giving this book 3.5 to 4 Stars out of 5 and on to the next one!!!!



Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Wildfire Marketing Solutions for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of #WhyChoose Book Boyfriend Book Blog's and may differ from others


No comments:

Post a Comment