We're just 2 crazy sister's who had crazy parents that named us day's of the week. One of us has been book blogging for over 6 year's. After reading many different books and arguing who's book boyfriend was better. One of us convinced the other to start a book blog called #WhyChoose. Because honestly why does one book boyfriend have to be better than the other? Or why do you only need to have one?

Monday, November 8, 2021

Destroyed {Book Review}

 


Title: Destroyed 
Series: Tainted by Ruin #2
Authors: Indie Black & Sienna Cousins
Genre: Bully, Young Adult, Dark Romance

Book Description:

He was supposed to protect me. Instead, he became the monster who turned my dreams into nightmares.
He was supposed to love me. In the end, his love was poison, leaving me tarnished and hollow.
His death was supposed to bring me peace. But, his memories continue to terrorize me.

Since his first lecherous touch I’ve had only one purpose. One reason to not fully give into my demons :
The fraying hope of escaping this depraved life.

Coming back to Montecito has reinforced what I was callously taught as a child.
Everyone has something to hide … even those you hold closest.

Depravity lurks in the shadows, taunting me, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.
While anonymous threats promise nothing but bloodshed and death if I don’t obey.

My heart is torn between the three gorgeous guys who are the only bright lights in the obsidian darkness surrounding me.
But if my soul claims each of them equally, will they forgive me for refusing to choose?

When my nightmares begin to mix with reality, it’s hard to know what’s real and what’s a figment of my fractured mind.
One thing’s for sure, if my monster’s back, he’ll stop at nothing until I’m exactly how he loves me ...
Destroyed.

*Destroyed is the second book in the Tainted by Ruin Trilogy and cannot be read as a standalone. It is a Dark High School Reverse Harem Romance that includes scenes that may be triggering to some. (Sexual assault, physical abuse, self harm). Recommended for readers 18+.


My Review:

     So I want to start out by saying I think like most people I loved the first book and couldn't wait for this second book. As soon as this book hit my kindle I want to say I devoured it, but honestly I kind of slowed down on and had some real hard eye rolls at places. But I'll get to that at the end of this review. Also I'm going to try and keep this as Spoiler free as I can, but I may let some stuff slip by accident. 

     Let's start with Indiana.... I liked her in book one, I felt for her in book one, I understood where she was coming from in book one, I felt like she could become stronger in book one.... Honestly in this book I really felt like there should have been some growth from Indiana. Unfortunately for me I just didn't feel like there was Any Growth in her character in this book. I kinda feel like the authors are really pushing for her to have this "Naive Innocence" about her, when in reality what has happened to her kinda of cancels that out. But yeah I really didn't feel any growth from her. 

     Lets get to the guys.... I'm really glad that Maddox and Weston got their heads out of their arses... Honestly I think Jagger may be my favorite out of all of them.... And than there's the question of Jameson, I'm still unsure what to think of him & honestly I'm still trying to figure out if he's supposed to be part of this harem or not.... Also I was really hoping that Otis would be part of the guys.

    So I want to say I did enjoy this book. But as mentioned above I just didn't devour it the way I thought I would. There were some parts that were just repetitive, repetitive, repetitive to me and made me roll my eyes hard. Again as mentioned above I felt like there was no growth in Indiana as a character. Also what was up with Jen in this book? I didn't really like her either in this book. Also there's some twists in this book that I didn't see coming.

    I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5 and can't wait for book three!!!

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Give Me More Book PR for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of #WhyChoose Book Boyfriend Book Blogs and may differ from others. 


No comments:

Post a Comment