We're just 2 crazy sister's who had crazy parents that named us day's of the week. One of us has been book blogging for over 6 year's. After reading many different books and arguing who's book boyfriend was better. One of us convinced the other to start a book blog called #WhyChoose. Because honestly why does one book boyfriend have to be better than the other? Or why do you only need to have one?

Thursday, October 21, 2021

Dirty Kingdom {Book Review}

 


Title: Dirty Kingdom
Series: A Covington High Novel #1
Author: Amelia Winters 
Genre: Young Adult, Bully, Reverse Harem, Dark Romance

Book Description:

First, he saved me.

Second, he loved me.

Third, he abandoned me.

Fourth, he hated me.

And now, they own me.

Step into the sizzling hot world of Covington High, where Everly Hayes makes a deal with the Dirty Kings and gambles on her very soul. They despise her now, but will they love her in the end?

This series is a smoking hot dark romance with themes not suitable for those under the age of eighteen. Hold onto your panties, because they'll be melting when you take your place in the Dirty Kingdom.


My Review:

Ok so first I want to say that this was the first time I have read anything from this author. So I wasn't sure what to expect with this author's writing. This book actually came to me as a suggestion to me here on Amazon, based on what I've been reading for the past 2 years or so. 

     Second I read ALOT.... I mean ALOT, ALOT.... I can usually do about 2 or 3 books a day. Depending on how good they are sometimes, I'll try and slow down so I can savor it and spread that book out over a 2 day period. But usually I get through books very quickly. 

     What does that mean? That means I've read a ton of Bully, Academy, Reverse Harem type books ALOT. I'm pretty sure I've read all the really good ones out there. And have been trying to find new ones to keep my attention and make me want to continue on with that series.

     But recently all the books I've read lately either: 
     A) Haven't caught my attention 
     B) I can't finish beyond 30% cause there just that boring
     C) I just don't want to continue on with the series

    So ANYWAYS on with my review with this book. I wanted to like this book, I really truly did. And I really hate to give bad reviews. But I had some problems with this book. 

     Look Everly was an alright character. But honestly there was just nothing remember-able about her. She was kind of just there. She wasn't a character if someone said to me, "Hey who has a book that has a great MC?" Everly just wouldn't be that. 

     Kingston..... Ahhhhh Kingston, what can we say about him..... Kingston is the ex-best friend/first love of Everly. He moves away with his mother when their pre-teens & now he's back with a chip on his shoulder. It's more than obvious he has a problem with Everly and you can't figure out why. We don't even find out why until the Very End of the book, where he has done something to Everly that I don't even think is redeemable for a character. 

    I honestly think that the ONLY reason I read to the End of this book was Archer & Valen. I loved both of them.

    Look as I said above I wanted to like/love this book. But it was just Eh for me. And I don't think I have trigger's while reading, because lets be honest I read some dark a$$ sh*t. But there are some author's can push me to my breaking point. But this author had one of her characters do something to the MC that is just unaccusable in my opinion and for that reason I won't be continuing on with this series. I sure am going to miss some Archer and Valen though.

    I'm giving this book 2 Stars out of 5!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment