We're just 2 crazy sister's who had crazy parents that named us day's of the week. One of us has been book blogging for over 6 year's. After reading many different books and arguing who's book boyfriend was better. One of us convinced the other to start a book blog called #WhyChoose. Because honestly why does one book boyfriend have to be better than the other? Or why do you only need to have one?

Monday, November 14, 2022

Homecoming {Book Review}

 


Title: Homecoming 
Series: The Empire High Series #6
Author: Ivy Smoak 
Genre: Young Adult, New Adult Romance 

Book Description:

Brooklyn – I was locked in a cage for 16 years. But I lived in it willingly.

And I didn’t come back to this city for a boy who forgot about me when I was kidnapped. Matthew Caldwell broke his promises to me. And I broke every single promise I made him.

But it’s a lot easier to decide something when you’re not staring at your past face to face. Matthew Caldwell helped heal my heart once before. And I think maybe he’s the only one that can help me now.

Matt – It’s easiest to remember Brooklyn in the fall. The autumn leaves remind me of her. The crisp smell of the air. It’s all her.

I wasted half my life loving someone that’s never coming back. And I still want all the things I once did – kids, a wife, a home.

But how can I move forward if I still feel her presence at every turn? It’s almost like she’s still here with me…


My Review:

So I was so going to start this review a different way. I was going bumble and grumble and mumble my way through it, lol. But I slept the night on my review and am now probably going Ramble through the whole thing. Also this review May Contain some spoilers, I'm going to try my best not to, but proceed with caution!!!!


So I'm going to be 100% transparent here. This Empire High Series came to me as a recommendation from Amazon, gosh 3 or 4 year's ago? (has it been that many years? I don't remember). It's been awhile though!! After reading Betrayal I was so incredibly pee'd off with Mrs. Smoak and what she did to Matt and Brooklyn, that I swore I would never read another book by this author. I tried to give James and Penny's book a chance (I really did) because I loved James. But only made it about half through and than just stopped reading it.

Than I became even more Pee'd Off when I saw that Matt was going to get his own HEA in Matchmaker. Because honestly I couldn't imagine him being with anyone but Brooklyn. So again 💯% transparent here, I Have Not Read Matchmaker or Runaway!!!!

Now onto this review. This is where you should probably proceed with caution. If you Have Not read Any of this Series you won’t understand anything in this book. This is Not a Standalone and if you try to read this book you'll find yourself very confused to what is going on (Hint Hint: as mentioned above I haven't read Matchmaker or Runaway). So imagine my shock when I saw Brooklyn's name in the description. But as soon as I saw it I knew I had to read this book.

Ahhhh Brooklyn, your Alive..... And evidently have been living a surprisingly good life *gasp* for the past 16 year's. Look I usually don't like it when an Author "Undeads" a person. And yes I just said "Undeads." Evidently she has been hiding for the past 16 past years with Miller, and got married and had a child with him. Look I was Never a fan of Miller's, he kind of just rubbed me the wrong way & Ididn'tlike him and Brooklyn together. But at the same time felt like Mrs. Smoak did him dirty, also. But now Miller's gone and Brooklyn is "Undead".

Ahhhh Matt.... Matt... Matt.... Still heartbroken and grieving Brooklyn. But has finally decided to let her ghost go and try and make a go of it with Kennedy. Even though he's in a sticky situation with Poppy.

Look this book once again ripped my heart out and than put it back together again. I laughed some and got teary-eyed at times. I loved seeing the secondary characters again, James, Rob, Mason, Felix, Kennedy, Tanner, and Nigel.

I will say though this book seemed a bit Tanner and Nigel heavy at times. I mean really Brooklyn and Matt don't even see each other until the last 5-10% of this book which was a bit disappointing.

Also with how this book ended I think it's a bit predictable for what's going to happen in book 7. Or maybe not......

But I guess we have to wait to April to find out. Yes you read that right this book ends with another cliffhanger.

Disclaimer: I received a ARC of this book from Social Butterfly PR for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of #WhyChoose Book Boyfriend Book Blog and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment