We're just 2 crazy sister's who had crazy parents that named us day's of the week. One of us has been book blogging for over 6 year's. After reading many different books and arguing who's book boyfriend was better. One of us convinced the other to start a book blog called #WhyChoose. Because honestly why does one book boyfriend have to be better than the other? Or why do you only need to have one?

Friday, November 18, 2022

Pretty Spiteful {Book Review}

 



Title: Pretty Spiteful 
Series: The Ruthless Boys of Ridgeway #1
Author: R.A. Smyth
Genre: Reverse Harem, Enemies to Lovers, Military, Stalker 

Book Description:


She wants our protection, but her safety comes with a price.

Emilia Harrison. The girl I attended Pacific Prep with. My sister’s best friend. The greatest sex I’ve ever had.

I never expected to see her again after graduation, so when she shows up in my kitchen in the middle of the night, I don’t know what to think.

Apparently there’s some psycho after her and she needs my help. My family owns a private security firm, but I can’t protect her from Wilder.

And maybe I don’t want to. Her presence brings up old feelings I don’t want to confront. It's easier to blame her for the past than face the truth.

With all of us living under one roof, it’s only a matter of time until tensions reach a crescendo, and this time, none of us will escape.

Welcome to Ridgeway, Em, where you will have to survive more than just your stalker.


This new series by R.A. Smyth is a spin off from her popular Pacific Prep series. Although characters overlap, you do not need to have read the Pacific Prep series. Please not that the main female character will end up with multiple love interests. This is a dark, contemporary, college, secret society, stalker romance with friends-enemies-lovers and second chance romance themes. Please see front of book for trigger and content warnings.

Books in The Ruthless Boys of Ridgeway series:

  1. Pretty Spiteful
  2. Pretty Vile
  3. Pretty Lethal



My Review:

Man I think I have read everything that Mrs. Smyth has written so far. But I have to say that this is probably by far my favorite start to a series by Mrs. Smyth.

I want to start by saying that this series is a Spin-off from the Pacific Prep series. You don't necessarily need to read the Pacific Prep series to understand this series. The characters in this series were secondary characters in the Pacific Prep series. And characters from the Pacific Prep series do have cameos in this series. But in case you haven't read Pacific Prep and feel out of loop you can always go back and read that series!!!

Anywho now that, that speal is over onto my review for this book!!!

Emilia, you may or may not remember her being one of the scholarship kids in Pacific Prep. She kinda had an fling with Hawke and Wilder (which you can read in the novella Blurred Lines). She is also best friends with Hadley. It is 4 years later now and Emilia is a college graduate and evidently loves her job. But I hate to say this but she's a bit, I don't want to say airheady, maybe the better word is oblivious to everything going on around her. Now she finds herself with a stalker, a dead boyfriend, and back in the presence of the guy's she really cares about.

Ahhh gosh Hawke and Wilder, what can I say about you two? They both obviously liked Emilia more than they cared to admit to her and they both obviously didn't know how to react with her back in their lives. I have to say I warmed more to Hawke after he got over himself and actually tried with Emilia. Honestly I wanted to be mad at Wilder, because let's just be honest he's a complete jagg-off to Emilia. But at the same time I get that he was hurt by her when she left. Now I just absolutely love, love, loved the new guy Kai, he's just so sweet and caring.

As mentioned above I think this is by far my favorite start to a new series by Mrs. Smyth. I'm not 100% sure yet if I've figured out the stalker yet. I think the obvious answer is just way to obvious. But at the same time think that the obvious is the simplest of answers. I guess we just have to wait and see. And yes if you haven't guessed it yet obviously this book ends in a cliffhanger. So if you don't like those you'll have to wait.

I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5 & can't wait till the next!!!

Disclaimer: I received a ARC of this book from the author for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of #WhyChoose Book Boyfriend Book Blog and may differ from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment