We're just 2 crazy sister's who had crazy parents that named us day's of the week. One of us has been book blogging for over 6 year's. After reading many different books and arguing who's book boyfriend was better. One of us convinced the other to start a book blog called #WhyChoose. Because honestly why does one book boyfriend have to be better than the other? Or why do you only need to have one?

Friday, November 18, 2022

Ruse {Book Review}

 


Title: Ruse
Series: Malibu Cove Chronicles #1
Authors: Bellamy Roswell & Cece Perez 
Genre: Young Adult, Stepbrother, Enemies to lovers 

Book Description

Marriage. Happily ever after. Endgame. 

 

It’s all a fucking ruse.

 

To have and to hold, till death do us part. 

 

Or until the neighbor fucks your husband and leaves hers to marry yours, whichever comes first. 

 

My parents’ divorce hit me like a train wreck, creating a domino effect of epic proportions. 

 

My mother checked into rehab after swallowing a container of pills.  

 

I was dumped by my perfect boyfriend because of my newfound tainted reputation. 

 

My father eloped, proceeding to move-in the adulterous neighbor, and to make matters worse, she brought with her a troublesome, drug dealing, gang banging, no-good teenage son. 

 

The devil himself, Maverick Carter

 

The only problem was as much as I vowed to hate him for what his mother did, I couldn’t stay away. 

 

He brought out the worst in me, but also made me feel things I never had experienced.  

 

Mav was my drug, a highly addictive and lethal dose of danger mixed with chaos. 

 

To date the town bad boy is a thrill itself, but when said bad boy is your wicked stepbrother, it makes it all worth the wild ride. 

 

Though, like I said, it was all a ruse. 

 

Maverick Carter was the only ruse I ever fell for, and look how it left me. 

 

Broken-fucking-hearted. 

 

My name is Phoenix Bancroft, and it looks like I was the only fool all along.


My Review:


So this is the first time I have read anything from either of these authors. So I wasn't sure what to expect with this book. I have to say I'm glad that I gave this book a chance. 


So I loved Phoenix. I thought she was a tough cookie. Let's be honest high school is all about the drama and higharchy. And evidently Phoenix and her twin brother Brooklyn have lost their respective places because of their father's choices. I really liked how Phoenix wasn't going to let anyone push her around or put her down.


I mean what can I say about Maverick? I loved Maverick. 


I thought this was a great start to this series. There was drama and some twists. I liked most of the secondary characters. And I can't wait to read more of this series.


I'm giving this book 4 Stars out of 5!!!


Disclaimer: I received a ARC of this book from Candi Kane PR for my honest review. The opinions in this post are 100% of #WhyChoose Book Boyfriend Book Blog and may differ from others.


No comments:

Post a Comment